What to ask my provider or pharmacist about the medication I take?
Once a provider gives you a medication as them some questions… and then ask those same questions to your pharmacist. Really get to know the medication that you will be taking and why. It can save your life!
What should you ask?
- Why are you prescribing this medication for me?
- How often should I take it?
- Do I eat prior to taking it, or should I wait on food for a particular amount of time after I take it?
- How do I take it? Is is oral, swallow whole, chew-able, drops under my tongue, or inhaled, etc…?
- What are the possible side effects and what do I do if I experience any of them?
- What should I do if I miss a dose?
- What should I do if I feel I need to take a dose early, is that ok?
- Are there any interactions with medications I am currently taking?
- Keep asking questions until you understand
Provided by: Barby Ingle